RE: gee, thanks....

> adrian you sound as hard as a rock.  and that's fine, but
> just remember that
> that is because you choose what you see, how you interpret
> this life, not
> because god, or people aren't doing beautiful things.

Those ain't rose-colored goggles, either.

> that everything can be funny if you look at it the right way.
>  i wanted to
> say that could be true of (replace funny with evil, or good)
> anything.  but
> i also want to say, chris...
> everything can be funny if you look at it in the wrong way, too.

Jane, a lovely point.   Thank you.

A young listee acolyte approached the renowned Zen master Daihatsu, and
asked him, "Teacher, I have studied the paths to Zen and I have learned to
appreciate the beauty in everything and in no thing.  Yet no matter how I
meditate and study, I do not achieve enlightenment.  What am I doing wrong?"

Daihatsu stood mute, and did not so much as turn his glance at the listee.

Again the listee queried, "Teacher, pray tell me why this is so."

Daihatsu once again refused to even look up.

As the querent began to ask a third time, the teacher jumped up, enraged.
He said, "You can not acheive enlightment by only seeking for answers to
questions."   He then sat down and resumed meditating.

The listee pondered this for a moment and then said, "But teacher, what do
you..."

Daihatsu jumped up, and punched the listee acolyte in the mouth
mid-sentence, and then the listee was enlightened.

--
Chris Emery
Web Commerce Developer