feeling cranky

>and don't be so dramatic, you are acting as though your slashing of
wrists
>would be some great tragedies or something.

Two tragedies, precisely.

I will now assume: 1) an eternal soul and 2) an eternal soul that retains
its character after death (as opposed to one that merges with the
oversoul or some emo-thoreau sorta thing).

Many of us here believe this with me.  I say believe as something
stronger than assume.

If the human soul is eternal, then death is a doorway after which we do
not sleep or dream--we continue.  If the human soul is eternal, then each
individual on earth matters more than every rising, falling, and fallen
institution on earth--because it is bigger, stronger, more enduring.  If
the human soul is eternal, and since the human heart, at its best, is
capable of being so beautiful and creating so much beauty and
experiencing so much beauty, we should not treat its development lightly.

If the human soul is eternal, then death is a doorway through which we
find some answers--maybe some, maybe all--and if we can glimpse them now,
we should.  If the human soul is eternal, then its passage through death
matters.

I was going to add two more assumptions and go all theological, but . . .
nah.

The point is: life is sacred, life is sacred, life is sacred.

Do me a favor, y'all.  I read the OtR digest with my morning coffee.
Please don't make me wake up to suicide humor.  It's not funny.

Shalom,

Fred

PS: Why don't monkeys paint?

PPS: I thought of answer to this for you, Mr. Emery.  Here:

No opposable thumbs.  HTH HAND.  :)

PPPS: Anybody else?