quiet days

days.  God knows I have them myself (this being one of them, unfortunately
for my talkative roommate).  I don't usually put my foot in, but I know
that I appreciate the times when everyone is posting the more for the quiet
days.

I'm savoring Madeleine L'Engle's _Circle of Quiet_ these days, a beautiful
read, and just read a part where she talks about death.  She gets there by
mentioning that we are all afraid of the dark, the unknow, and then
basically says we are all afraid of death and that anyone who says
otherwise is lyin'.   I think she has something there.  The death of others
hurts, our own death is frightening.  Like Hamlet's ponderings: for in that
sleep of death, what dreams may come . . . must give us pause.  Plus I've
got an awful lot I'd like to do in this crazy thing called life.

plain jane says:
>i'd be sad if otr moves to new york.
I have friends in Brooklyn who think everyone's called to live in NY.  And
if OtR are there, what more the reason.  In the meantime, I'm planning on
sampling the city a couple/few more times while I inhabit the NE.  It is
its own culture, full of both the familiar and the unexpected.  Plus the
scent of sugar coated roasted peanuts on the streets shouldn't be missed.

spring is here.  get outside.

peace,
luce