Re: covers and uncovered

Sorry guys,

I originally meant to post this in response to Oncleboo.  I sent it to him,
and forgot to put it on the list.

-- BEGIN included message

> I can't say that any more Raggae has influenced my life more than any other
> type of music.  Or that more Christian music has... or Celtic chant or
> anything.  I know what I like and I stick to it.  But, I don't think the
> music that I listen to has any bearing on how I feel about religion.  It
> either agrees or disagrees.  I don't change my mind based off of it.  Nor
do
> I gain insight into another realm that I may not have considered.  Or
> something like that.  I like or I don't.  I think I was just trying to say
> that I don't have any tendency to listen to music that is officially
"singing
> His praises", just as I don't listen to any music that is officially
"Satanic"
> , or music that claims Buddhists are right, or that Cats are Gods.  The
point
> is, I listen to music for far more soothing purposes... it enhances a mood,
> not a mindset.
>
>  I think that is what I was trying to say.  Hopefully.
>
>  Heather

Point well taken.  Although my post was in response to yours, it wasn't
directed at you necessarily.  My point was merely that there seem to be a
fair number of people who wouldn't dream of listening to anything with the
slightest Christian overtones, yet they don't have any qualms about listening
to music (such as reggae) that has other religious influences.  I was just
looking for a little consistency.

Steve

-- END included message