jobs

kelvin wrote:

I feel quite differently now.  Now I'm contemplating moving away from
this God-forsaken city, going back to the county, getting some sort of
enjoyable
but less crucial to the fate of mankind job, and enjoying a laid back life.
(Time to read, write, read, write, read & write.) I can then do whatever
ministry type stuff I feel led to do as a layperson, or - better yet - just
as a
person in the community.  I think I figured out that instead of being under
pressure to make sure my career/vocation glorifies God, I need to
concentrate on
making my life glorify God.  I don't need to career to do that.
Anyway...just a thought.

...marie joins the conversation with, first, a hearty "amen!" as she enjoys
the idea of more time to look out her window and read and write.  hmmm.
although, i am enthusiastically and gratefully called to the "kosher" jobs
for a time (teaching, missions??).  it is for a time though.  and i think
sooner than later i'll find myself with family etc (not simply my plan but a
pretty good idea about His).  i look forward for a stronger focus during
that time and putting more time into things like playing in the backyard
than understanding the universe (i've been a nanny on the side and it's
wonderful-- keeps me very balanced).  and then, other degrees, a phd here or
there and many pages to be filled--all just b/c i want to, just b/c it's
part of who i am.  and ya know, i want to learn to play percussion from
various countries, among other things.

and isn't it so much more about being than doing?