Re: covers and uncovered

Heather (Kent) writes:

> Since I am already gabbing, I will through in my two cents on the Christian
>  band thing.  (*clearing lungs*)  I am not a Christian.  In fact, if I hear
> of
>  bands being Christian I immediatly cringe and turn the other way.  Hate to
>  say it, but that is the case.

This makes me curious...  I assume you're also not a Rastafarian, so does
that mean you'd cringe and run away in terror from that large portion of
reggae that is definitely influenced by Rastafarian thought?  Undoubtedly
there are other religions that have representation in the world of music, but
that was the one that popped into my head.  Why is that a lot of people
automatically reject "Christian" music, but don't seem to treat other music,
equally religious in nature, in the same manner?  Just something to
consider...

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  They Might Be Giants - "Flood"

"Talking nonsense is man's only privilege that distinguishes him from all
other organisms." -- Fyodor Dostoyevsky