Re: ya know what gets me....

----- Original Message -----
From: plain jane <pardone at hotmail_com>
To: <over-the-rhine at actwin_com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 29, 2000 4:42 PM
Subject: ya know what gets me....

> about this freaking list is when christians say that
> otr is a christian band.
>
> don't call them that!
>
> i am a christian.  a bible believing, non-gay

red flag!!!  red flag!!

> (not that that
> matters, but so all you fundies don't get your undies in a you
> know what) pro-lifin' christianono.  but i would never call
> otr a christian band.

i don't.  usually i call 'em something like "the best band you've never
heard"  (though not when speaking to these listies.)

> they don't deserve it, man.  can't you see how they
> constantly dis' christianity and yet all the sheep
> still go in droves to here them loosely allude to christ
> not hanging on a cross.  what is up with that pseudo
> christian jacked up mess?

um,  to take a non-christian stab at the answer.....exploring their faith?
trying to balance what they believe with what they see?    using other
authors reflections on christianity to augment their own,  to perhaps come
up with another perspective?    to lead a little,  rather than follow blind?
??

> i mean i like that band.  but as far as lifting up
> the god that 2 of them (you know who) say they love
> and follow.  they fail like 5th grade, baby.

if i take your argument on face value and grant you that they do "fail like
5th grade baby",  does that make them non-christian?    isn't a failed 5th
grader still considered a 5th grader?      and if i don't take your argument
on face value,  well, then i might ask you something like "who are you to
judge them/me/us/other christians/anyone but yourself?     but i won't do
that.  i'll accept your 5th grade argument.

  they
> ain't no christian band.  and they ain't feeding the
> flock nothing but a marketing tool and you can reach
> it at www.overtherhine.com.

and a pretty site that is,  now,  too.

i think this is gonna get really interesting really soon.   thanks for the
different perspective you nice non-gay, holier than thou christian plain
jane.

jg