Re: Moth

bruce said:
>ever since I absorbed sting's "fragile" in my little brain, and to a lesser
>degree, "history will teach us nothing" I never could figure out the reason
>anyone would hurt someone else...  That sounds simple and childlike maybe,
>but I really believe it.

hmm...what's wrong with simplicity and childlikeness?  those are
increasingly becoming two values that i'm striving to base my actions on
(note that there is a tremendous difference b/t being childlike and
childish!)...  although, quite simply and childlike, i believe the reason
anyone would hurt someone else is that we're all ultimately selfish people.
of course, i believe that because of fact that i view the world through the
lens of my faith, which happens to embrace the idea that humanity is sinful
and in need of redemption.  my interpretation of otr lyrics from a christian
standpoint has nothing to do with a desire to "argue religion," but is
simply a natural response because of my faith, just as every single person
on this list can't help but view the world through their own lens...  but
i'm just a bit confused, dear bruce--were you implying that the weaving of
christianity into the moth discussion has been hurting people?  never mind
my disjointed thoughts--i just got back from a very long day of sitting in a
training room, absorbing far too much information for one day...

>"This is not going to be a Bruce & Drew Night.
>It's going to be an Everybody Night"
>              -- Amy Smiley 00
YES!!--my words have finally been immortalized on the list!

i need to get something to eat before i drift into a coma...

fwiw,
amyjoy