yesterdays
and the anger
ease it down
into the ocean
let it drown
as far as east is
from the west

---------------------------------

Now, in terms of religious interpretaion, what about:

Isaac = the Jewish patriarch whose papa almost killed him with a
sacrificial knife, only papa's hand is turned away by an angel at the
last moment

And then, Isaac's knife becomes not the knife in Isaac's hand but the
knife that nearly killed him (i.e., the knife in Abraham's hand).

And then, the knife represents obedience to God though the act doesn't
make any sort of human, rational sense and, more than that, the hand of
God gathering you up at the moment of obedience, closing you into a mercy
and assurance and confirmation of love that did not seem possible before
the moment of obedience.

And get this: Genesis 22: "(6) Abraham took the wood for the burnt
offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire
and the knife.  As the two of them went up together, (7) Isaac spoke up
and said to his father Abraham, "Father?"  "Yes, my son?"  Abraham
replied.  "The fire and wood are here," Isaac said, "but where is the
lamb for the burnt offering?"  (8) Abraham answered, "God himself will
provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son."  And the two of them
went on together."

God will provide the martyr.

And in that light, check this out:

From Psalm 103: "(11) For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so
great is his love for those who fear him; (12) as far as east is from
west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us."

And God will provide the mercy.

Has anyone posted this stuff before?

Fred