it's in the air......

This Tuesday will be special. I'll get up for work, I work at Sears at the
Capital City Mall, and be there around 9. As I often do, I plan on taking a
short break around 10:30 to drink some coffee, maybe eat a small breakfast,
and a stroll through the mall... though I do have one planed stop... the
record store.

It's so fitting this weather, in fact it's almost exactly a year ago on
Tuesday that I was introduced to Over The Rhine on a cold snowy February
night by candle light in an enclose porch. I had driven through the
beginnings of that years snow storm from Harrisburg to Lancaster (about 40
miles) to have a huge snow battle, coin the nick name "snow angel girl" for
my friend, learn some violin, and to just have fun. Little did i know that my
ears, heart, and imagination would be introduced to a piece of art that is
GOOD DOG BAD DOG and the music of OTR.

So I'll buy the CD on Tuesday, open it, maybe even read any new liner notes
if I can't wait, but that night I will come home light some candles (maybe
with some friends), drink some tea and experience this beautiful music of
heaven (from start to finish) for the first time again.

I hope all of you can do something similar,

Christopher F.