-= Exported from BigOven =-
Three Chocolate Bark With Spiced Pecans & Dried Cherries
EMERIL LIVE with Emeril Lagasse From the TV FOOD NETWORK – (Show # EM-1B08 broadcast 06-12-1998) This recipe can be divided. This recipe fits on one standard baking sheet.
Serving Size: 4
Categories: Candy/Nut, Emeril, Desserts
-= Ingredients =-
4 tablespoon Butter ; Softened
3 tablespoon Butter ; Optional Softened See * Note
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2 cups Pecan Pieces
1 pinch Salt ; To Taste
1 pinch Cayenne Pepper ; To Taste
1 pinch Nutmeg
1 pinch Cinnamon
1 pound Semisweet Chocolate ; Cut Into Pieces
1 pound Milk Chocolate ; Cut Into Pieces
1 pound White Chocolate ; Cut Into Pieces
2 cups Dried Cherries ; Rehydrated And Chopped
-= Instructions =-
* NOTE: If you melt the chocolate using the microwave in step 4, below, do NOT add a tablespoon of butter to the melted chocolate. If you do, the chocolate will sieze.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large saute pan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Add the brown sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves and is bubbly. Season the mixture with salt, cayenne, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add the pecans. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar mixture starts to caramelize and coat the pecans evenly. Cook for about 4 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and spread the pecans over a parchment lined baking sheet. Place the pan in the oven and roast the pecans for about 6 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and cool completely. Once cooled, break the pecans into small pieces.
4. Either microwave the three chocolates in separate bowls until melted or fill three small saucepans half way up the pan with water. Place the pans over medium heat and bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. In three separate mixing bowls, add each type of chips into the individual bowls. Place the bowls over the saucepans. After about 2 minutes over the heat the chocolate will start to melt. Stir each chocolate until totally melted.
5. OPTIONAL: Remove the chocolate from heat and stir 1 tablespoon of butter into each bowl of chocolate — do not add butter if chocolate was melted in the microwave!
6. Pour each type of chocolate onto a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Using a metal spatula, spread the mixture out evenly back and forth to about 1/4-inch thick, mixing the three chocolates. Sprinkle the spiced pecans and cherries over the chocolates. Gently press the pecans and cherries down into the swirled chocolates to set them.
7. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator or allow to sit out until set, about a couple of hours. Break the bark into medium pieces and serve.
** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **