Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things that Make you Feel Old
From this site comes the following question: What are 10 things that make you feel old? Here’s my list, in no particular order:
- Forgetting to do this on Tuesday!
- Failing eyesight
- Being sore after an amount of exercise/work that used to NOT make me sore
- Considering being home by 11:00p on a weekend night to be a good night
- Remembering when I used to go out at 11:00p – on weeknights as well as weekend nights!
- Feeling the need to write things down instead of relying on my memory (or is that because I’ve got more – lots more – to do now that I’m older?)
- Being financially well-off & responsible with money
- Mentally calculating the age difference between myself and my students, and being very aware that I am old enough to be their parents – even if their parents didn’t “start young”
- Listening to popular music and not recognizing a.single.artist
- Wondering when Saturday Night Live started letting children host the show!
Still, all things considered, getting older beats the alternative.
What makes you feel old? Leave your thoughts in comments.