Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things You're Really Good At
From this site comes this week’s Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things You’re Really Good At. In no particular order, mine are:
- SCUBA diving. Wendy & I are certified at the Rescue Diver level.
- Humor. I’m a funny guy. What can I say?
- Cooking. I’m a damn fine cook. Should be — I’ve trained enough and love it completely!
- Teaching. I really enjoy teaching.
- Working with college students. Akin to #4, above, these are skills developed in my job.
- Being a husband. I think I’m finally getting good at this!
- Traveling. I am a good travel partner.
- I’m unusually good at judging if something will fit… For example, if we’re packing the car, I can look at what needs to go in and correctly estimate if it will fit or not. Sad that this is one of my super-powers.
- Proof-reading and editing. With all the technical writing I’ve done, I developed pretty good editing skills (and some bad habits — like writing in passive voice).
- Setting long-term goals and accomplishing them.
- I’m really good at putting my foot in my mouth. One might think after 40+ years on this earth that I’d cease doing that. Not so! Only the frequency has changed — thankfully, it has decreased. But it still happens.