Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things You Want to Do in 2009
From this site comes this week’s Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things You Want to Do in 2009. In no particular order, mine are:
- Continue to lose weight. I’m down approximately 20 pounds since August 2008!
- Compete in Culinary Competitions through the American Culinary Federation. This plan is under way.
- Enjoy more time with my wife.
- Continue teaching at the Midwest Culinary Institute. Been teaching there as an adjunct for a while now, and really enjoy it and intend to broaden my range of class offerings.
- Exercise more. Wendy & I joined a gym recently and have been working out there. I intend for this to become a habit.
- Process my backlog of recipes into BigOven — my recipe management software. I am seriously backlogged and would love to dig my way out.
- Climb to the top of the learning curve in my new job. New jobs take 1 year to learn around here since you must go through one cycle to be exposed to everything. As I write this, I am in month #8.
- Travel! I’d love to get back to Las Vegas, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Germany, Dominican Republic. I’d love to get to California, France, Florida (Disney, specifically), and, well, just about anywhere else!
- Finally kill my old stupid debt, once and for all. I’ve made SIGNIFICANT progress over the last year, and have only a little further to go before I am completely stupid debt-free (stupid debt being different than, say, house debt or car debt).
- Continue to develop my culinary skills and knowledge.
- See what comes my way! Take delight in the things the world throws at me. Seek the good in everyone & everything.