Re: What's the matter with Poughkeepsie

In a message dated 12/18/99 5:57:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Sawildfire at aol_com writes:

<< Poughkeepsie was the song that started it all for me (about 3 years ago).
 And then I bought Til We Have Faces, and got incredibly disappointed.  After
 my first listen, I decided I hated that album, and it sat for about two
years
 before I dusted it off and realized that it wasn't so bad.  Yes, I have to
 admit GDBD is my fav. but don't hold it against me. >>

this is reallyreally the thing . . . if GDBD is your favorite (as it is for
many of us), I think the stuff like Till We Have Faces is bound to take some
working into.  For me, GDBD was definitely the spark that kindled my OtR
desire.  :-)  And when I bought Till We Have Faces, I also thought "ugh!"
But I have come to love the grittiness of Till We Have Faces, though I will
always adore the gentle flow of GDBD.  I dont own it though . . . My sister
has it, and as soon as she gets back here for Christmas, I am taking it from
her and never giving it back ;-) Or at least I will barter to keep it for the
semester.

Deb