Re: (fwd) Greetings from 30,00 feet

Hello all,

i have been to the Monk show at Pijnacker, Holland last Friday and it was
amazing.
Unfortuntalely, my talents lie not in reviewing concerts, but i'll try to
say something about it anyway. Maybe visitors to one of the other Monk shows
can say more.

I went there with a friend who knows OtR (GDBD) and both Monks first CD's.
We got to the club before 10, the scheduled show time and we were about the
first people there. Ric, Brian and Mike were soundchecking which was already
a joy to watch and listen to.

At first, I thought there wouldn't nobody but us, but later on people
dropped in so finally there were some thirty people gathered. I can't tell
how many of them were regular visitors to the club and how many came
especially for Monk, but I'm afraid the latter were a minority.

Anyway, small crowd or not, Monk put up a great show. I don't have the
entire set list, but they played Womb of God, Circle of Quiet, This Train,
Green, That's my Love and Speaking with the Angel from the new album. They
also played Within, Without.
All in all, they played from 11:30 till 1:15 without any breaks.

Ric is amazing to look at. The ease with which he plays, wow.
Brian seemed to be enjoying himself very much. He's a fine drummer.
Mike is cool on bass, too.
I bought his solo CD. Sounds good on first listen, but this is one of those
CD's you have to listen to many times to fully appreciate them.

Finally, Monk will be on Radio 3FM tonight, the Dutch national public radio
station's pop music channel. Hurray!

Mark