losties at the symposium

<< from other postings:
 Joe Berquist  and Leah Davis  said  (I'm paraphrasing):
 "i was there!"   (at the Symposium gig).

 hey,  cool,  two quiet losties  were also there.   damn,  shoulda worn my
 little lostie name-tag.   rats!
 wel, i prolly saw you briefly in the dim blacklight of the "symposium" sign
 over the beer 'fridge.   nice to almost meet you.
 jg

Agreed.

Would have liked to meet you, could have made my evening better.  As far as I
am concerned I agree with Joe to an extent.  It is the duty of a performer to
try to capture a crowd, play more upbeat songs or something, but there is
only a certain extreme you can go.  Did OTR try that night?  In my opinion
the answer is no.  The cannot take a loud crowd and try and soften them with
an even quiter song.  They just talk a tad lower.  It didn't work.  Maybe OTR
has seen their own respectful fans for so long, that they forgot how to
attract and draw in unrelated people.  In which case, what is going to happen
if they sign and make it "big"?  To be a big name means also, to be attended
by ppl who nothing more than your name.  Try to draw them in like the
symposium gig?  Won't work.

Just an opinion.
Heather