Over-The-Rhine Digest V2 #866 -Reply

I would have to agree that the Symposium is not the right venue for OTR. If I could make a suggestion.... The Diamondback Brewery would be ideal. It is just getting going as a "concert" club. The aesthetics are great. The beer is fairly decent (microbrewed), the location is excellent, as is the food. As a veteran of many OTR shows in the past few years, I would have to say that it was NOT ONLY the venue that caused such a poor show last Friday night. The band was off.The set list was poorly written, and the band simply didn't capture the crowd. You can argue that the crowd and the venue affected their performance, and I would say that as an entertainer, it is your duty to play to the crowd, and do what it takes to reel them in. How about mixing in something upbeat every now and then? Is there anyone else out there that misses spirited renditions of "Il Est Dans mon pache", "Circle of Quiet", etc.? The versions of C.O.Q., and Lucy they do now are pathetic. My friends, who are more than casual OTR fans, were as bored and disappointed as myself. I miss Brian Kelly. I miss Karin with long blond hair, a little belly shirt, and a great big smile on her face. I miss the enrgy and the joy of OTR that has been gone for so long now. I am tired of "Jack's Valentine". I was most likely one of the assholes by the bar who was boisterously drinking. I apologize for wanting to kick back on a Friday night. Memo to OTR: Buy a ticket to a Springsteen concert and re-learn what it means to GIVE BACK to the fans.
Shout Out to Trz.....Dawg Pound Baby.....
signed,
fan of "neon bikini wearing volleyball chicks"
(I think L. made a reference to that a while back..?)