REV: Peter Mulvey 11/20

To any and all of you on this list who have reviewed/raved/reveled about
Peter Mulvey in the past, I thank you!!

Saturday night at the Canal Street Tavern was my first time seeing him
live, and it was a great experience.  I vaguely recognized some songs that
he played from "Rapture."  But even not knowing much/any of his stuff, it
was a great show!!

He had a pretty good variety of material, and some pretty fun pieces.  He
also did an instrumental (or maybe two) that was truly beautiful.  The only
song that he played that I knew was the Beatles "Come Together"... It was
weird, because I totally wasn't expecting it... I heard the first line and
though, "I know this song... who is it?"  It didn't hit me until about the
second line that it was the Beatles.. It was fun.

Bad things about the night:
-Too smokey inside and quite cold outside when getting fresh air... brrrr...
-Announcements.  If you are gonna be in the Dayton area within the next
month, just ask Drew, AmyRaven or myself about the upcoming shows at Canal
Street.  We can recite them for you... Geez, I swear they announced the
whole calendar about 3 or 4 times... OVERKILL!!

Good things about the night:
-Peter Mulvey rocks!! :)  Before the show, he even came outside the club
when Amy and I were sitting on the (freezing cold) steps... funny thing is
that it was a first Mulvey show for both Amy and I, and we didn't even know
who it was.  Plus the mechanic-style shirt with "Bob" on it didn't make it
apparent.  He tried his best to get the bar to open their doors early for
us.  They didn't, but he's a super nice guy for trying... even if we had no
clue who he was at the time... :)

-Cinnamon Altoids!!  News to me... they aren't onsale in the Dayton area
yet, but I'm definitely curious.  Not curiously strong like the mint, just
curious...

-Amy, Drew and Yvonne (nonlistie).  Good conversation and comraderie.
Hehehe... Drew- He is his own reward, you know... :)  Always a pleasure to
hang out with you, brutha!!  Even though you kept spitting on me... Maybe
it was drops of VogelMojo(tm) or something...

To those who wanted to come, but couldn't- we missed ya!

To those who went to Monk (@ York St) or OtR (@ Taylor), how were they?

End of Tranmission,
Dna

NP: Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
   dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/