to breath awhile

hello, digest.

I am escaping the perils of my former bedroom
presently.  it's nice to breath for a little bit.

I am so very nostalgic and melancholy as I go through
the possessions of my childhood.  I find the small
wooden bed my father created for my porcelain doll,
Brooke.  I find the satin ballet slippers my mother
bought me because she knew I wanted to dance.  I find
the very strange knitted scarves my sister knitted (?)
that wind multiple times around many a stuffed
critters throat.

you throw away a lot.
you keep a lot.

some of my friends came to visit the other day.
while I stirred pasta, they murmered that they should
have visited me more often at my swanky abode.  I
smile wryly.

my sister becomes angry, when she realises I own half
of the apartment furnishings.

my father and brother still have yet to have long
conversations with me.

the baby photographs and grinning mug-shots of me as a
rosy-cheeked blond little girl pile high.

I see my reflection in a mirror, in a white dress with
a shrouding veil.  it is strange to see myself in a
wedding gown.

Melanie danced around in the dress I selected for her
attire as my maid of honour. she was a little burgundy
nymph maiden as she skipped about with sparkling eyes.

at three in the morning, I called Jay to find him
still awake.  we couldn't sleep.  I had been searching
the journals of a young lindsey and cried when I found
it.  I had written a few pages at age fifteen--prayers
for the man I would marry.  prayers for my future
husband, long before I knew a man called Edward Jay
Harnish, II.

we talked for hours and finally sleep drug our eyes
down.

and I think about the house we will live in, the house
I have not yet seen. I wonder what it shall be like to
sit by my love every evening and be able to look him
in the eyes when we talk until dawn.  I pack up my
favourite books and wonder if we will finally have
time to read those stories.

and I know that I am blessed.
and I am aware that I am so very rich.

and I remain very quiet, and very near tears as I see
the blessings of my years and those to come.

it is well.