sunday night at canal street

hello, dear ones!
this won't be an in-depth, moment-by-moment account of last night's show,
but i wanted to make a few observations.  apparently the crowd was
significantly smaller than saturday night, resulting in a lovely cozy living
room feeling...of course, the coziness may have been enhanced a bit by the
guinness and bailey's...
it sounds like the set was similar to saturday's.  i thought it was a bit
more well-rounded than the routine of the past six months or so.  the
highlight of the show for me was a very fun version of "lucy" that led into
a crazy jam of "my love is a fever" that became what karin called "a
musician's game of chicken"...karin did nearly all of the talking between
songs, stating that she had embarrassed herself with stories the night
before--details, dan?  overall, the show was relaxed and healing--a good way
to wind up these dark latter days...

wow--i had never heard jack solo before he opened last night.  i'm not sure
what i expected, but it certainly wasn't what he did.  i also have
absolutely no clue how to best describe it to those of you who haven't heard
him.  anyone care to help me out?

who was there with me last night?  i kept people-watching and scanning the
crowd, trying to link faces with the ones that have formed in my mind...i
think i saw you, eric.  anyone else?

enough for now.

this is not goodbye,
amy joy