Re: saturday night

Dan wrote:
>jg wrote:
>>NP:  Veruca Salt __american thighs__
>
>"Can't fight the seether..."  Personally, I totally dig _Eight Arms to Hold
>you_, but _AT_ ain't all bad either...

I had the misfortune of seeing these kids live a few  years ago when they toured
in support of 'Eight Arms.....'.  Ugh.  I really like the records, but they did
not
represent well in real life.  Poor sound, ameturish playing and they weren't all
that
friendly to the audience.  I would've left the show early but for the fact that
I only
live 4 blocks from where they played so it wasn't much trouble to stay.  After
they
finished their main set and left the stage to the tepid smattering of polite
applause,
they came back out.  "We don't know if that was enough (applause) for an encore
(it wasn't), but we'ere gonna play more anyway." one of the girls said before
ripping
into more poorly rendered tunes no one wanted to hear.  People began leaving in
droves when they started their encore, there weren't many left by the end of the
show.
This might've been one of the worst shows I've seen.

Love the records, can't stand the live show......

later,
AaronB

Klaatu - Hope