some of gramps' non-sequiters which get better the more he drinks

(i'm not quoting in real time here, just from memory)

family dinner:
"when did you get divorced?"
"to think i wasted my whole life not watching tv!"
"who the hell is this kid?"

tv time:
(to my uncle): "if you were a girl we would have named you julie."
"and i thought i lost them."
"my first car was my parents."
"i hate the whole idea of hugging trees."
"there's nothing wrong with kids these days."

after a few nightcaps (the "few" set containing natural numbers from 3-11;
"many" being composed of positive rational numbers from 11 1/10 to drooling
megalomania):
"when i was young i was the perfect, whaddya call them nowadays...drag queen."
"knuckleballs are the game's last hope."
"lemme tell you something sonny: if they're smiling, they're lying."
"i always wanted to water ski"
"don't tell me nothing about wearing a scarf."
"rats make better pets."
"two miles i tell you!! two miles."
"it's better to wake up alone than not wake up at all."
"we all loved billy."
"farmers ain't nothing but cows with hands."

        after that stroll down memory lane, i'm in the mood for some drooling
megalomania myself....

tim

"don't tell me you've gone astray, i talk in circles, i see a million things
that tell me so."
        sunny day real estate, "how it feels to be something on"