Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V2 #804

sam said:
>I just noticed your quote.  Have you read Chaim Potok's The Chosen?  It's
>an
>incredible story.

"the chosen" was my first potok novel, which i discovered sometime in high
school.  since then, i've read and re-read most of his books (except
"wanderings" and the one that took place in korea).  my favorite is "my name
is asher lev"--it does an amazing job of addressing issues of choosing one's
calling over one's culture, which is something i can relate to well...
hmm...i think i'll read some potok before going to bed tonight--thanks!

--amy joy

p.s.
the quote is from "davita's harp"