Passion

My favorite word in the entire English language is passion.  I am glad to see
that we are all so passionate about this band that we can read post after post
about them.  We can see show after show of the same music.  We can get so
upset over change.  I hope that one day I will be able to stir up such
emotions with my line of work.  I have no idea what keeps me drawn to this
list, when I never post, but day after day, I read ten or twenty posts from
you all.  And it is so funny to see you all get so worked up about something
that is "entertainment."  It is apparently so much more.  How does something
like music that was initially done as a retreat from work, evolve into
something that we are so desperately passionate about that, we spend hours
debating it?

As a lurker, I begin to feel like the teacher in a classroom, who just laughs
and watches the children as they bicker over the silliest things.  Or the
psychologist behind the mirror...

Well, that is the first thing I have been inspired to say for a couple of
months, and I really didn't say anything at all.  I am going back behind the
mirror now...
Lindsey (the other, quiet one)

"I am two fools, I know, for loving and for saying so in whining poetry"
                                         --John Donne