OtR @ Sharon Woods

Well, I dont know how many people from the listing got to see OtR play at
Sharon Woods on Saturday night, but you sure missed out if you didnt. Good
good show.

It was nice to sit on a blanket surrounded by trees, a train going by every
so soften in the distance, the cool evening breeze blowing through my hair,
and OtR playing music in front of me. Couldnt ask for a more perfect evening.

Now, of course they didnt get going until after 10 pm. Nevermind the fact
that they were supposed to begin playing at 9:30 (according the schedule.) I
think it was about 10:30 when they finally began. Karin was on the stage most
of the time before that. They were trying to work out the bugs and kinks of
the "19th century electrical system for the 20th century equipment" as it was
put. They were fidgeting, and poking, testing mics and intruments. Every now
and then Karin's voice would come through the mic with a "test test test" and
that got the crowd going. But, yet, we were only being fooled into thinking
that they would now be starting.. darn! But never fear, after much ado, they
finally started. Through the first two songs you could hear crackling of some
electrical wiring (or something of that sort.) It sounded as if something was
going to blow. I kept thinking "man, I hope no one gets electricuted!"
Finally, things seem to quiet down pertaining to the electrical glitches.
Around 11 or 11:15 I noticed it was getting rather chilly. Good thing I had
brought my hooded sweatshirt, it was nice and toasty for the not quite fall
evening.  All I kept thinking when I got home was "boy, what a nice enjoyable
relaxing evening!"

Now, onto Monk which played on the main stage before OtR. What is Ric
thinking doing "Circle of Quiet"? Whats up with that? Im sorry, but he did
the song no justice at all. I like Ric and Monk music but when he began
playing that song I thought "not good if OtR ends up playing it too" which
they did. Much much better coming from OtR. Anywho... Needless to say I wasnt
to thrilled with Ric. But hey.. what can you do.

Also got to see Mike Georgian play earlier in the evening. Man, what a
bassist!! Its to damn bad he's not with OtR anymore, I really like his style.
After his show I spoke with him a little bit. Told him that his music was
very reminiscent of Michael Hedges only in the bass form. He took that as a
compliment. We spoke a little about Michael and a special little tribute he
did for a few OtR members before their wedding. It was nice, he is a very
personable person. Get his cd The Line Between. If you like Michael Hedges Im
sure you will like Mike's cd as well.

Anyway... I've spoken a lot here in this email. Which you could have shared
the music at Sharon Woods with me if you didnt get the chance. And if you did
get the chance, sorry I didnt meet you. Maybe next time. Until then... ciao

Jus'Tina