Re: Jack & Patience

In a message dated 09/18/1999 7:58:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kelvinbailey at juno_com writes:

> Then came GDBD...It was then that I
>  concluded that God put this band on earth to show us what music is
>  supposed to sound like.  Since the summer of 97, they have been for me
>  the standard by which all music is compared.  I have since grown to love
>  TWHF, Besides, and everything that demonstrates their unparallelled range
>  and verstility - But Over the Rhine will always be defined by Good Dog
>  Bad Dog for me.

I'd have to agree, though GDBD was my first in depth introduction to the
band... that along with DARKEST NIGHT in an enclosed porch by candle light on
a cold snowy February night.

I do own TWHF (IRS version) and think a lot of the songs on their are good,
while the arrangment and execution is leagues behind GDBD and the work since.
Furthermore, I think the instrumentation on "Moth", "Anyway", and "I Will
Remember" (all from ASR) is taking the GDBD sound even further and onto
greater things.

Christopher F.