RE: Thoughts on OtR...

> and you are telling me that you don't think there is a huge
> drop off between
> the stuff on Patience and their recent attempts?

Not counting _Eve_, RIGHT KYLE?

> Jack's lackluster guitar playing cannot hold the candle to
> what Rich used to do for the band.  There were songs last Saturday where i
> saw Jack playing the guitar, but he had very little contribution to the
> music.

One thing I noticed was that Jack's guitar was one of two things:
1) not audible at all, though you could see him playing something
-or-
2) *really* loud, strangely arpeggio type things.

> and it was comical when everyone went nuts over his strumming the
> guitar, yeah, that's hard to do...

Talking 'bout the end of 'June'?   I'll give Jack his props on that one.  He
actually put his groove on, and played a decent solo that fit well in the
song.

> And of course their recent insistence on
> playing mostly as a trio without a drummer or a bassist
> hasn't helped their case any.

You can't go on forever without a rhythm section.

Or something.

--
Chris Emery
chris.emery at ecoutlook_com