Re: Tori/Alanis question.

>On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:30:27 -0400 "Eric Schumacher"
><eric.schumacher at ecoutlook_com> writes:
>>>Tori/Alanis:
>>>Who will be remembered in 20 years as the better artist?  Why?
>>
>>Tori.
>>She has actual talent.
>
>ALANIS ALANIS ALANIS ALANIS ALANIS
>She is unique.  Not just what she sings about either.  Her pharasing is
>one of a kind.  Her lyrics are...well...intriguing.  She uses phrases
>like "very tumultuous time" and "sexy treadmill capitalist" for Pete's
>sake.  She is one of the few truly original artists of the past couple
>decades.
Seems to me that she's just picking words at random from a dictionary.
'You Oughta Know' was a very well produced song, I thought.  Other than
that, I haven't heard very much else that impresses me.

>As for Tori...Yeah, she's a good pianist and all, but she's basically a
>bitter woman who seems to play the same note over and over and usually
>only sings against things.
>Just an opinion or two...
I don't care for Tori either, but she at least has a fair amount of musical
talent.
I'd say she'd be remembered as the better artist between the two.

I actually can't stand either one of 'em.

.....just adding my divergent opinions.......

AaronB