Sean Penn's Big Brother

Bruce:
What if I was Romeo in black jeans,

bink:
What if I was Heathcliff? It's no myth.

Ysoi, Krystin, Kelvin:
What if I'm just looking for someone to dance with?

Fred, smiling and dropping MP's Free-for-All into the CD player:

Oh, man,
Look what the cat dragged in.
It's got the dress, tho the collar's gone
That I gave my on true love on . . .
Oh, man,
Look what the wind blew home.
Never had this much stimulation
Since her low down elevation, but,
Oh, don't look in those eyes,
Bluer than blue,
Her rule's on the rise.
And if I wear apathy's crown,
Don't call me highness--
It's a long way down . . .

OR how 'bout:

Bells clang
I guess it's a holiday
Did that rhyme?
Shit!  I'm a poet now.
So give me stuff for free . . .

hOORay for Michael Penn fans on the list!  Woohoo!  Yay!  Why doesn't
that guy produce more music?  Three albums in ten years isn't enough.

----------------------

On a-whole-nother subject:

Paul Christian Glenn <trance at radiks_net> asks:
>Someone recently divulged the term which refers to
<one word being inserted into the middle of another
>e.g., "abso-freakin-lutely").  What was that called
>again?

It's tmesis.  According to Harmon and Holman's Handbook to Literature,
tmesis should not generally be used in everyday speech.  But screw Harmon
and Holman.  T-frickin-mesis is un-frickin-stoppable.  Or not.

-------

Word.
Word(s).

Fred