still breathing

Hey.

I have a wrinkle in time, so i thought i'd send a flare to indicate i'm
still alive.

As early October slowly approaches (typically one of my favourite
months of the year) the ultimate deadline for the big yearly catalouge
draws nearer. The next month will crecendo into a chaos of stress just
to get it all done in time. I've had hints of several impending 3am
work nights, although this can only make my paycheque happier by
recieving time and a half for overtime. I still like my job, all and
all, although I'm still fidgiting to get my brain in full gear for this
thing...

The three piece band is no more. I disbanded it after the first gig.
Honestly, we kicked ass, but the amount of work keeping this lineup was
far from worth the overall lack of playing time. Essentially, with all
the practice time, I'd still get a minimal allowance of gigs from them
since each was also involved in a ton of other musical endeavours.

So I'm solo again. And will be for the upcoming Kent show. And for who
knows how much longer after that.

Story of my life.

Apart from that, I've actually written some new material recently.
It'll accompany me to Brady's on the 25th. I'm always thankful for bits
of creative energy.

Looking at the possibility of a newer automobile. Nothing set in stone
yet, just looking. Keeping my fingers crossed and seeing what I want
and what I can afford. Audrey's been a good car, though.

(Maybe a hearse? That would be cool.)

This Spring or early Summer I may live a partial dream. I'm looking and
hoping to pull off a two week tour from here to the east coast, up, and
back. I need to see how my music will really stand up out in the real
world. I need to see if this is a possible direction for my life or a
mere toy of a hobby. I have to do this, if for no other reason than to
fail.

My words are brief and lack superfulous phrases these days. I don't
have much room for appetizers. Only meat. (Or was is no meat and only
milk?)

(There, I managed to spit out something profound and full of hidden
spiritual meaning.. or was it just bullshit? You decide.)

In short, I'm still breathing.

bink