Re: Hello again

linford said:

> I think of my life and the days I feel like my only
> gift is to make a
> mess of things--my only calling to be a failure.
> And I sit here and I
> think, “I have to try harder.  I have to do better.
> I have to get
> closer and go deeper.  I have to help you and you
> have to help me.  We
> don’t have a choice.  The tiny dash in the marble
> between the two dates
> is everything.”

sounds like someone is mixed up.  since when does being a failure =
making a mess of things.  "failure, she's a new found friend.." - bill
malonee
sounds like someone thinks they are in control here...trying and
helping, how they get in the way.  more and more i'm shown i'm a
failure and my, why is it always the biggest things?  the things we
never would have failed?  lead me on...

> These confounded clouds.  Now there’s a different
> angel, face down
> across the sky with billowing hair above the lake
> and two arms raising a
> long trumpet to her lips (this is such a cliché) but
> there she is plain
> as the dying day anyway.  I know you won’t believe
> me but the clouds up
> here are purple and lavender and lilac this evening
> and entertaining
> angels unaware.  And in the time it takes to write
> the words down it’s
> all a lie because now the clouds are all becoming
> medieval with ancient
> orange and the sky behind is Maxfield Parrish hushed
> turquoise.  And I’m
> not joking, a white clipper ship appears on the
> water with seven sails
> and families of blackbirds slowly circling as if
> somebody is pulling all
> the strings grinning and we’re supposed to just sit
> back and watch the
> show in disbelief.

i believe you...that's your gift.  i believe you.  be careful with it.
(don't keep on breakin' hearts)
we all believe you.

> Maybe we’re not supposed to try harder.  Maybe we’re
> just meant to be
> together.  There are moments when I can only hope
> so.

seems 1/2 right...let's not fall too far back into looking the other
way.  just what are you lookin' at anyway?

down by the river we'll pray a while,
zena