The O, The Spawn, and the Infinite Multiplication of Being

Y'all

The more times this gets reposted.... The more mystical it sounds.  Like
a thousand little goblins should be gathering around a cauldron and
whispering to each other in wonder: "The O"  "The O"  "It's closing"
"It's coming!"  "The O will be closed!"  "The O IS CLOSING"

But something's wrong with me.

Kyle said:
>Oh, No, no, no, no, no....There is only one King of the Spawn Machine,
and
>that's me.

With all due respect, I think the King of the Spawn Machine may be my new
downstairs neighbor.  He is un-be-freaking-lievable.  Let's just say I'll
be happy to move next week.

:)

Un-be-freaking-lievable is an example of tmesis, as is
"consti-damn-tution" from Ezra Pound's Cantos and "a whole nother thing"
from everyday speech.  Thank you.  Drive through.

Ysoie said:
>Personally, I think it's [goth's] fragmented to the point where
>there really isn't any such thing as pure Goth any more.

Suddenly in the last ten years, no one can classify anything.  If anybody
wants to go kill some time in the academic section of the bookstore (what
fun!), you'll notice this weird proliferaton of plural titles.  Thus, we
no longer have a modernist movement, we have modernisms.  We no longer
have a feminist movement, but feminisms.  And Goth(s).  And then there's
L. Godlove with those multiple thousands of hive mind operatives working
through her.  (Wow.  That sounded really weird.  They are legion.  Drive
the operatives into that heard of swine!  Does anybody get that?
Apologies.)

And there used to be one Detweiler, but now there are two; but if one
Detweiler is really a Berquist, then are there really multiple Detweilers
at all?  And if, perchance, a third Detweiler appeared, would the list be
allowed to vote on its full name?

Unrelated observation: If someone would keep Mick Jones from choosing bad
cover art for his albums, maybe (B)ig (A)udio (((D)ynamite) (II)) would
be more widely recognized for the cool band(s) it is.  (Dangit.  It *is*
related to what I've been saying.  Multiple Big Audio(s).  Some people
just have to change their band name every time its personel list changes
a little.  Big Audio Dynamite.  Big Audio.  BAD II.  Lifesavers.  Life
Savers Underground.  LSU.  Over the Rhine.  OtR.  OtR II.  Over the Rhine
II.  Overhine.)

The O is closing!  The O is closing!

Fred

np: Big Audio Dynamite: This is Big Audio Dynamite