Re: lostie content, but nothing otr.

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:40:05 EDT RBGockley at aol_com writes:

>So, if any of you pittsburgh-area listies are feeling friendly, please
>feel
>free to assure me that there are people around here whose musical
>tastes do
>not clash with mine (as do my roommate's).  Please?

When I was in college I found myself with a roommate whose musical taste
definitely differed from my own.  I discovered that "clashing" is not
necessarily always a bad thing.  That whole "iron sharpens iron" thing...
 As a result I found that my musical horizons had broadened quite a bit.
As a matter of fact, it seems that at least half of the earth-shattering
musical discoveries I have made (including OTR) came by way of friends
whose musical tastes clash with mine.
I guess I'm saying that, unless it's country or rap - for which there
should be no tolerance - pay attention to your roomie's music.  You might
discover something really hip.

Just a though.

NP: Bruce Cockburn - Stealing Fire