The BeeGees, MTV background music, and 9/11/99 aftershow

Ya know... tonight marks the third time (or maybe fourth) that I've watched
the BeeGees "Legends" program on VH1.  I don't know what comes over me.  I
really try not to watch it, but honestly, I always turn back to it.  I
think seeing Robin Gibbs sing "I Started a Joke" makes me think of Faith No
More's great cover of it... I must admit, those Gibb brothers did have some
good tunes...

I'd pay good money for a hardrock/metal tribute to the BeeGees...
interesting, nonetheless...

Which leads me to my next point of my subject line-- who's in charge of
MTV's music for the background music to their shows/specials?  I swear, it
seems like it's me... On some Spring Break thing a while back, I heard
King's X, Poundhound *and* Ty Tabor solo stuff.  A long time ago, I heard
some Living Sacrifice.  And just this weekend (while flipping around
channels) I heard both Faith No More and Downset in the background on MTV.
No one plays Downset (or LivSac or King's X, for that matter)...

As for the 9/11 Aftershow at Bruce's "condo place community room," I'm in
for either Fri or Sun... whatever.  We'll hafta put up some sort of
donation to cover the cost... wouldn't want to impose on Bruce's truely
great hospitality.  I would say "You're the bomb, Bruce"... but I don't
normally talk like that.

Dan

NP: echolyn - suffocating the bloom...

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
    dantemm at erinet_com    http://www.dlm.net/gc/
  "They only come out at night... or in this case-
+-     the daytime."    -Police Chief Wiggum      -+