love and suicide... boy aren't we feeling "romantic"

Hi guys :)

I've been gone for a while, but I'm back.  Little Marie in da house.  I
joined up in time for underwear and crayons.  Although I tried to post a few
evenings ago, I fear it didn't work.  Here's another attempt:

I might fly up to Cincinatti for the Sept. 11th show.  Any good tips for
this Florida girl?

I agree with Jay in thinking Ysobelle has expressed one of the many truths
about love with incredible precision and eloquence-- props to you :)  I also
thank you and Debbie for even pondering such things into postings.  Meaty
dialog that adds to life is always welcomed here!  Using one of my favorite
quotes from Princess Bride added yet a few more cool points to Miss
Ysobelle's tally as well.

And then we move on to suicide...

In such a case, I think I have to take Jeff's words to heart and claim them
as my opinion as well.  Not only is suicide this ultimate act of pride, but
it calls into question any trust that one might have in their Creator.  If
you know Him, if you love Him-- you trust Him.  I'm not even going to
presume to analyze another's relationship with God, but if He is who we
claim He is biblically, such dispair and pride etc. are not the fruit of a
relationship with Him.  I also understand the observation that the parents
found no comfort in their religion.  Here we might boil it down to religion
vs. relationship.  I can't imagine finding substantial comfort that is real
and stands the test of time in "religion."  We can be "religious" about
exercise :)  It's not what's eternal and loving and kind.  It's not about
"doing" in my opinion (as religion would say), it's about "being" (as a
relationship says).  Although I can't speak from extremely personal
experience with regard to suicide, I can speak on losing a family member.
My sister died last year.  It's been hell, I gotta admit.  I miss her so
much, and my only comfort is Jesus.  I find no comfort in any legalistic
doctrine or 12 steps.  My relationship with God and security in the Truth He
offers is the only thing I can cling to.  Bitterness, depression, anger etc.
haven't taken root in my heart b/c and only b/c of Him.  We have a
relationship.

I too have known people in pain, and some of them have taken their lives.
Many people have given up the good fight, have decided that they don't have
the strength to go on.  I say "good" that they know *they* don't have the
strength--that's humility-- but from my experience, He is made strong in our
weakness and can get us through.  It's not about me and my shortcomings.  In
the end, it's about Him and all His strengths. If we can solidly say that
suicide produces only pain and suffering, we can't really justify it.  From
Jeff's comments and mine, we also take into account another perspective that
applies even more ramifications that severly alter the consquences, making
them even worse.  I'm not intolerant of ambiguity or even being unsure
period, but if we know suicide is "bad, wrong," for "whatever reason," it's
okay to make that call.  I have no problem saying I can't respect a decision
to end one's own life.  I agree with Ysobelle in supporting those hotlines
etc.  That's one help.  If you were to ask me personally, I'd support
getting to the root of such wounds; and that root is spiritual and deep.

I'm sure I've offended-- I'm not trying to persuade people here, but the
issue was brought up.  All I can bring to the table is what I have
experienced.  Viola, aqui esta.

I'm really glad to be back, hearing all the fun stuff you talk about and
even occasionally discussing what brings us all together, OtR.  Have a
pleasant evening!

Ciao-
Marie