: Y2K Fix for control panel short date setting

Hi all,

Might be a good idea to check your PCs for this problem... I checked my
PC
and found that it had the "bad" default set as well...

jen

<distribution deleted>

I received this and checked my computer and found it to be set up to
fail.  I wonder why Microsoft set this default that way.  I fixed mine
and I recommend you check and fix your computers.

For those of you running Windows this is a fix for a small Y2K problem
Almost everyone should do...

After running this quick little test, much to my surprise, I learned
that  my computer would have failed on 01-01-2000 due to a computer
clock  glitch. Fortunately, a quick fix is provided, should your
computer fail the test.

I submit the following for your consideration:

TEST
Double click on "My Computer".
Double click on "Control Panel".
Double click on "Regional Settings" icon.
Click on the "Date" tab at the top of the page.
Where it says, "Short Date Sample", look and see if it shows a "two
digit"   year. Of course it does.  That's the default setting for
Windows 95, Windows  98 and NT.  This date RIGHT HERE is the date that
feeds application software and WILL NOT rollover in the year 2000.  It
will roll over to 00.

Click on the button across from "Short Date Style" and select the option
that shows, mm/dd/yyyy.  (Be sure your selection has four  Y's
showing,not two)  Then click on "Apply" and then click on "OK" at the
bottom.

Easy enough to fix.  However, every single installation of Windows
worldwide is defaulted to fail Y2K rollover.

Please feel free to pass this on to your friends and associates.

Get free e-mail you don't need Web access to use --
Or get full, reliable Internet access from Juno Web!
Download your free software today: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagh.