Re: the vigilantes in austin

Hey! I care! I was there at the Austin show too (tall guy in the Love Coma
shirt selling VoL merch after the show), and am always glad to keep finding
cross-pollinated friends between the OtR / VoL / TiM  camps

Quick thoughts on the VoL show: The shotgun stage has been rotated 180
degrees since
SXSW... Nice setup. This was my fifth VoL show, and was amazed at Hutson's
endurance and all-out abandon for the mandolin. (How does he keep his mando
in tune while wailin'??). Bill was immediately welcomed by the excited, if
reserved, crowd. Kevin Heuer had a close friend play violin on a few
songs--- a very nice Austin-based violinist I think her name was Ames
(Aims?...). Stupid me, I was too caught up in the show to jot down the
playlist...but...

The best part of the show by far:
"Solar System" **** ROCKED *** They were all smiling onstage, so they
must've
enjoyed playing it as well. They still have plenty product left ('cross and
AS, as well as a limited edition single of (i think) Goes Without Saying
that looks olike it was designed at Pioneer..., and Drivin' the Nails...
etc.).

"On to Nashville," as Bill said....

>Subject: the vigilantes in austin
>
>i don't know if there's anyone who cares about this, but i'm going to talk
>about it anyway.  i saw bill mallonee and company in austin, tx this
>weekend, at a little place called Babe's.  i was a little depressed that
>there was such a poor turnout, but i guess it doesn't matter.  the boys were
>really tight, but the one thing that kind of disappointed me was a lack of
>older material. ...........on the positive side,
>"resplendent" was hauntingly brilliant.  i had chills.  and "taking on
>water" was rockin' as usual.  i remember when he introduced it at
>cornerstone last year as being included on the second volume of the Titanic
>soundtrack.

        paul soupiset
        creative director
        toolbox studios, inc.