@ happy with myself?

hello you beautiful people ~

a. i already indicated that this is -not- an OtR-related
   post with the @, despite the subject title.

b. in a way, the following is shameless boasting
   over something i did yesterday. the reason i post
   this is to encourage others to try the same, as it
   was a very rewarding thing to do.

c. i'm also posting this so that some of you (hi Mr. Emery!)
   might know that i'm sometimes a rascal.

   ...just incase you didn't already know.

d. i have to get these precious moments of my life out there somehow!

e. lastly - if you mind, you know where the delete key is.

i hosted a largish meeting yesterday that included
our engineering, quality, and purchasing folks.
unfortunately, one of the team members is a thorn
in everybody's left temple - he's arrogant, loud, and stupid.
oh, and also very crude and unprofessional.
(we all know the type quite well, too well...)

what should have been a two-hour chunk
of my life stretched out to be over three. grrr...

after harshly belaboring some points of no consequence
for some time, this cretin got what was coming to him!

in the middle of his third tirade, i quietly walked up to
the chalkboard behind him. picking up the chalk, i drew
the stick figures of a four-legged animal with a long neck
and face (legs up in the air) with a club-wielding man
leaning over it. i had caught everyone's interest with
my action except for the cretin.
some people were already spread with smirks.

next, i wrote "DEAD HORSE" with an arrow to the animal,
and "FLOGGER" with an arrow to the man...

and i sat down without a word spoken.

my victim finally turned around and saw my work after
everyone had burst with laughter, a couple of them in tears!

i'm still getting "atta boy"s over that one.

that's all, thanks for letting me share, and once again:

i strongly encourage others to try the same,
as it was was a VERY rewarding thing to do.

jay

NP: Muslimgauze - Coup D'Etat - Fatwa.mp3

"Aristotle thought there were eight legs on a fly and wrote it down.
For centuries scholars were content to quote his authority.
Apparently not one of them was curious enough to impale a fly
and count its six legs."
- Stuart Chase
<{---o<(\,- Sir Edward Jay, the Second ov Harnish -,/)>--o---}>
	^v^	^v^	^v^	ICQ #13819982	^v^	^v^	^v^
          http://members.aol.com/jaharnish2