Re: Is there anybody listening?

some thoughts, and i'll try to keep them brief

yz: jnf wasn't absolutely equating 30 w/ declining musical years.  he's
nowhere near 30, and he was questioning his own musical impasse

dawn: nick and drew lachey are the "cute ones" in 98 Degrees.  I know this
'cos my e-mail inboxes are invariably littered with hormonally charged love
notes they want me to pass on to my second or third cousins from cincinnati
(whom I've never met).  there aren't many lacheys in the world, and those of
us that sing and ooze raw sexuality like me are especially rare

my declining music theory:  perhaps when ya get old (be it 18, 21, 30, 70)
or have a change in lifestyle, it's no longer feasible to "digest" music
like you did earlier in life.  you can't sit down with a lp and read the
liner notes, relisten that same night, and revisit it a day later.  there's
too much else to do.  so you find yourself listening to less and less music,
and not missing it, 'cos there's so much else filling your day.  and when
you get back to it, it's hard to get into, like a mental muscle that flabs
when unused for some time

or perhaps you get sick of the 4/4, I-IV-V pattern in most pop and graduate
onto "real" music forms like jazz or classical

and jnf, otr is a bit of soul music for me, meaning it goes pretty deep, so
i imagine i'll be able to pick up the new otr disc in 2020 and still be
pretty content

bruce

np: b.l.u.r.e.m.i. (blur)