Re: Is there anybody listening?

>I wanted to drop a gratuitous Queensryche lyric, just to prove I used to
>be hip but am now on the autumnal end of a slowly receding collection of
>music, good or bad.

I was at my pastor's house this past Sunday, and he loaned me a pair of
shorts to change into because we were having lunch in the backyard with him
and his wife...

...and *anyway*, while I was changing into the shorts, I got a look at some
of his CD collection:

Very Complete--
	--U2 (up to and including Pop)
	--Simple Minds
	--INXS
	--Enya

Semi-Complete--
	--R.E.M.
	--Black 47

...and the point is, he's in his 30's now, his musical era has slipped into
the past.  He's "...on the autumnal tail end..."  And I realized, listening
to my Joe Jackson last night, that I am probably starting to encounter the
same phenomenon.

<shudder>

Wonder what that means for Over the Rhine?  Are they relevant?  Or does my
fandom make them a relic?

<fade up the creepy organ music here>
jnf