Re: what's been turning lately

hi.

i guess i'll throw my 2 cents in.

lots of stuff can find its way into the player,  but these are enjoying
multiple spins lately.

 i should add,  "in no particular order" as my disclaimer.

Kathleen Wilhoite  __pitch like a girl__ (i'm liking her...)
Tom Waits __mule variations__( 'cause it's kinda new and 'cause it's great
and just 'cause i love tom anyway)
Queen __a day at the races__ (mostly for the teo torriatte song, and then i
was just diggin' it after that)
Odd Girl Out  __Live In Concert__('cause i just don't get too much anne e.)
Billy Bragg and Wilco  __mermaid avenue__('cause i really, really like the
songs with baby nats)
Plow On Boy  __go round__(and even more so since dearly beloved came out
dancing to *suspect* only to find me already dancing to it.  "that's a great
song."  she said.      plus,  the teeth, of course!)
Tom Waits  __Blue Valentine__ (how many times can i hit "repeat" after
*whistling past the graveyard*  or *romeo is bleeding*?   i dunno.  how many
licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?)
Over the Rhine  __amateur shortwave radio__  (partly because i wanna hear
GDBD again,  but it's on some kind of indefinite loan, it seems,  and this
is the next closest thing.)
The Doors  __best of the doors__  (odd.  i went through my teens and
twenties and nearly used up my thirties not liking the doors much at all,
and now here i am digging my spins of these 2 discs.   it must be the
nostalgia  factor kicking in.)
The Cranes  __EP Collection__ (i want to like them,  but they annoy me with
a greater frequency than they please me.  so i spin them trying to get
beyond it.)

and last but not least...
Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians  __Perspex Island__ ( i don't know why, it
just seems fun).

spinning again at this very minute  is Kathleen Wilhoite,  who needs to
update her website thing in a bad way!  i like it when her voice gets all
melissa etheridge raspy on me.  and she's adorable cute!

"see the locomotive probably thinking he's a train"  --  Tom Waits

jg