inadvertant hyptonism

i too have experienced the sublime momentary splendor that is in an over the
rhine song.  and it happens when i'm not even expecting it.  i'll be sitting
(or standing, or lying, whatever the case may be)  doing something, and all
of a sudden i'll realise that i've ceased to do anything.  i'll realise
that, without any warning or even sense of transition, i've closed my eyes,
dropped my hands, and am completely at the mercy of the magic flowing out of
my speakers.  and there's no telling when it might happen.  it's happened
while driving, while in the middle of a conversation.  it's almost
unexplainable.  now, i would think nothing of it if this only happened
during performances.  it happens to me almost everytime i go to any good
show.  but recorded music...to entwine that magic, that splendorous power in
recorded music-well, that's something.  and when i "come to" and the
particular song ends, or the whole cd, i feel so calm, so relaxed, like
maybe i've just listened to an angelic choir sing to me the story of the
earth.  it's amazing.

p.s. did somebody mention a self-titled luxury album?  where might one such
as myself procure such a treasure?
                                       -weston