RE: good venues, etc.

'The Whiskey' is a great place for music. There are several others but
that's probably the most famous(or infamous). Several of the Tooth and
Nail/Velvet Blue bands play the So. Cal. circuit. I know they aren't exactly
indie but most of those guys might as well be indie's. You might check the
VB and TandN pages to see who's going to be playing around that area this
fall. Most of the newer tunes from those labels are pretty lo-fi emo but if
your in to that kind of stuff it's worth a look.

Sam Wrote:

Does anyone on the list know Southern California at all?  I'm looking for
good (a.k.a. small) venues to explore when I'm out there this fall.  I'll be

about 30 minutes from LA.  If anyone knows of any good indie bands out that
way, too, please let me know!

Sam