Re: Concerning a couple of things (part of it non-otr)

From: Yngve Hauge <onealien at mo_himolde.no>
>Someone mentioned L Ron Hubbard in an earlier posting - the only
>three reasons why someone possibly would remember any of his books are
>1. They didn't laugh themself to death thinking that someone could write
>    something that horribly bad.

1. I vaguely remember reading the Mission Earth decalogue in junior high,
and I vaguely remember enjoying it.  It's time to see if ten years of
perspective alters that.

>2. They are scientologists, so his writing is alpha and omega or their
>    bible so to say (even though they don't know it cause they have to pay
>    thousands of dollars just to get that far)

2. Hell, scientology makes almost as much sense as any other religion.

>3. They got this thing about hurting their own soul, and therefore use his
>    books as means to do so.

3. WTF?

>Oh, btw ... He was the guy saying that Jesus was a pedophile man hating
>children. Just a warning - if you run into those people then be careful
>if you don't know enough of that "church" (there are means to get them to
>not wanting to talk to you, and you'll find that information on the net.)

All I know is that they're the most litigious religious bastards around.
Anyone seen the items in the news about amazon.com dropping (then re-upping)
the "expose" book about scientology?   What a bunch of wierdos.

Chris
NP: Vangelis _The City_