Goths and Kentites

In a message dated 5/13/99 6:11:48 PM, Jaharnish2 at aol_com wrote:

>>   yz? you see this?

What it is, you see, is our incredible, overwhelming Gothness is SO
magnificent, baby, that we actually ATTRACT random Goths from all over the
country! Isn't that amazing?

And let me further take this moment to say that Kent listees just kick ass.
I had quite the interesting time on my little three-day jaunt Westwards.
Those involved will be pleased to know that my voice, which was entirely gone
this morning, has reassembled itself into somewhat of a kinder, gentler
Stevie Nicks rasp. Discover Card sucks. DM needs a map. Jen is still
trancendent, Raven is still glowing, Alyssa has the BEST apartment for
watching movies (Oh, Jessyka, you should have been there-- you'd have been
proud), Jamie is still a hottie, and Heather J. (Heather6 ?) can still kick
my ass up, down and sideways in pool. Though I did have a hell of a time. And
yes, Pool Rule # 2 does indeed need to be on a t-shirt.

Perhaps the greatest surprise was the first night at Brady's, when Bonnie
took one look at me and said, "I'm making a special dessert for you." I
wanted to politely say that she could not POSSIBLY be speaking of me, since
she'd seen me only once, and that but briefly at the Over the Rhine show last
month. But not being one overly prone to declining desserts, I sat down and
patiently waited. Ten minutes later, this angel reappears with a huge plate
filled with the most enormous strawberries I've ever seen-- dipped in
chocolate. How I could possibly have forgotten that the sight of them last
time made me swoon even more than Jack's guitar solo, I have no idea, but the
important thing is that Bonnie remembered. I must admit I bought them all,
and half the fun was sharing them with the other listees present.

Most memorable event of the week, though, was getting the tour of the Kent
State  campus from Jamie and DM, the latter of whom is an excellent tour
guide. It was sobering and somewhat chilling and very powerful, especially
since just last month someone hung a photocopy of the famous picture from May
4, 1970 on a wall here at CMU. Thanks, boys. I appreciated it.

That's all the news I'm fit to print. More as it happens.