@@@@@Re: I almost forgot re: Kent

that lovely Chris Emery writes,
>On the way to Kent last Saturday with Dan & Nate, my car flipped over a
>milestone!

oh, jesus!  are you guys o.k.!?    anybody hurt?!   did you have your
seatbelts on?

o.k.  dispensing now with the jokes, which have probably been done anyway
yesterday (sorry if they have!)  i think you oughta write to Subaru and see
if they have a mileage program like Volvo does.

Volvo gives you a little certificate and a trunk badge for each 100,000
miles.  I had one on the black Volvo and two on the Turbo Volvo,  and was
closing in, more or less, on the 3rd for the Turbo,  when unfortunately Ewok
needed pee-pee surgery and the only way to afford it was sell one of the
cars.

Maybe Scooby-Doo offers a similar rewards program (though i've never seen
one.)

and yes, i also hate it when you miss seeing the miles turn over, even a
multiple of 10K, especially when you're so close it happens in the same
key-turn that you reminded yourself to look in a few miles.

Congratulations, Chris and Scooby!

jg

np: Sundays __blind__   (thanks to Buffy the Vampire Slayer for reminding
me)