Nonsense lyrics and Tori

Chris Topher Em Ery wrote:
> [lyric snippet to "Professional Widow" snipped]
>
>'Professional Widow' - (Tori Amos)
>
>Some days I really think I understand what's behind this one, and when I
>check again, I realize I haven't a clue.

Right.  Tori does that a lot.  Just when you think a song makes sense, the
next verse totally confuses.  And it seems as if the most confusing ones
are really cool- Little Earthquakes (the song) & Space Dog come to mind.

In fact, most of Tori's stuff makes no sense as a whole.  But within each
seemingly nonsensical song are tons of lines that just slam with
profoundness (profundity?)...

Dan

NP: Edwin McCain - Honor Among Thieves

+--- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web ---+
      dantemm at erinet_com    http://www.dlm.net/gc/
      "Fetch me the Pongmaster!" - Ozric Tentacles
+---                    AFTERSWISH                  ---+