Karin, Cheeses & Amateur Shortwave

Special thanks to Jessyka, Nikki and Bruce for RUINING ME FOREVER regarding
Karin's diction...

Listening to _Amateur Shortwave Radio_ a bunch in the last few days, I
can't help but laugh everytime near the end of "Moth."

I keep wondering why Cheeses would be surprised at anything...?

It reminds me of something I heard Frank Hart of the texas-artrock band
Atomic Opera say at Cornerstone a few years back.  From stage, he blurted
out "How many out there love Cheeses?"  And the non-listening, but reacting
crowd, they all yelled back in applause/praisegod/whatever.  Then he said
something to the effect of "Meunster? LaBrie? Provolone?"

Not many got it... I was rolling, though.

Anyway, other Amateur Shortwave comment: the beginning vocal that Karin
does on "Blackbird" sends chills down my spine (especially when she says
"in dead of night").  At least the first few times listening to it- really
loud.  "Moth" is cool as are some of the other new tunes.  I wish
"Tumbleweed" would have been on it, though.  And I really love "The World
Can Wait" from the Dayton shows... I hope that pops up on a future CD...

Dan

NP: OtR - ASR

+--- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web ---+
      dantemm at erinet_com    http://www.dlm.net/gc/
     "Shakespeare was known to have bad breath..."
+---               Nuno: "Garbage"                  ---+