Re: gas out

In a message dated 4/15/99 6:27:28 PM, jg900 at bright_net writes:

<<but, i guess we spent billions on these cool airplanes,  it'd be a shame to
just waste the cash.   kick the tires and light the fires, right?

what's that folk song that goes, "oh when will they ever learn?  oh when
will ~they~  ever learn?"

or here's a song.  is it edwin mccain?   "  War!  huuuh!  What is it good
for?  Absolutely nothing!"

or this nice anne e dechant song:
"take a knife take a gun
take a walk take a run
take a ride on the badge you wear
tuck your shirt fix your tie
look at this oh, my my
what a man you've become
give your hand to this land
give your might to the fight
sail away on the flag you bear
tuck your shirt fix your tie
look at this oh, my my
what a man you've become
so it goes,  no one knows
the  lies he's told or the things that he's done
apple pie, sparkling eye
cut off at the thigh
wheeling around on the ground
that he should have been running on"

we need folk music as much now as ever.
jg, not searching for any mercenary group to enjoin.

Lets put some flowers in your hair and airdrop you in the middle of it. See
if you can sing your way out of reality. Maybey we can get Bill Clinton to go
over and wave his finger at the Serbs saying "Do not kill or have sexual
relations with those people"

When you look at it,everything is pointless, killing ,protesting,writing
lovely songs.
Wheres the heroin?
Maybey that's what the musics for.

If you want to really feel war as close as you can get to it with music. Find
a copy of Country Joe McDonald --War War War  Poems of Robert W Service put
to music by Joe. There is A song called Jean Duprez. It will be very
illuminating.
A folk singer singing poems of someone who had killed and sacrificed for
something.
The whole picture,not some Anne de chant  persona poem fantasy. If you can't
find the album find the book. Both are fine work.